If you look around your home, it’s not hard to figure out that most of your furniture is made of wood.
Wood continues to be one of the most popular materials for tables, shelves, chairs, cabinets, and more!
Designing, creating, and detailing each piece takes a great deal of work, and it’s important to have the right tools to get the job done correctly.
Common woodworking accessories are table saw blades, clamps, wood-turning lathes, and dust extractors.
But what about a powerful tabletop saw?
If you are looking for a compact piece of equipment that will allow you to cut wood, plastic, ceramic tiles, aluminum, and more with ease…you’re going to want to check the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw!
About Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is made by an American company that’s a very trusted name in the power tools industry.
Rockwell has been providing top-notch and dependable equipment for more than 60 years now, and they show no signs of slowing down.
Their extensive repertoire of available power tools and equipment includes oscillating tools, brushless drills, portable support systems, and circular saws.
Going forward, Rockwell aims to continue offering their customers high-quality, durable, and affordable products they can always rely on. And the RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw has proven to be no exception!
- [SETS UP IN SECONDS] Take this table saw to the job site or move it around the workshop. There’s even a built-in carry handle
- [CUTS LIKE A FULL-SIZE] With the standard guard and riving knife system you can perform rip, cross, scroll, and miter cuts
- [TOOL-LESS BLADE CHANGE] Uses any brand’s standard 4” T-shank blade, but we threw 5 in the box to get you started cutting wood, ceramic tile, plastic, aluminum, and metal
- [0-60° MITER CUTS] With the adjustable gauge you can pull off precise miter cuts for a whole assortment of woodworking projects
- [ON-BOARD ACCESSORY STORAGE] When the miter gauge, rip fence, and extra blades aren’t in use they can be conveniently housed in the base of the saw
Rockwell Bladerunner X2 Accessories
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is packed with most of the accessories anyone could want in a tabletop saw.
Learn more about one of the best portable tabletop saws with the list of features below.
- Has a traditional guard and steel rip fence
- Riving knife system
- It includes 10 pieces of t-shank jig blade and it is also compatible with any 4 in. t-shank jigsaw blades.
- Comes with a built-in tabletop handle that allows you to carry it easily
- Allows you to cut wood, tiles, metal, aluminum, PCV pipes, and plastic
- Tool-free blade changes
- Equipped with storage for the blades, rip fence, and miter gauge
- The miter gauge can be adjusted for 0° to 60° cuts
- Comes with a safety switch and an Allen key
- Lightweight: weighs less than 15 lbs.
- The table’s dimensions are 15-3/4 in. x 17 in.
What We Like
This portable tabletop saw from Rockwell is a great choice if you are looking for one that is lightweight, compact, and powerful.
Here’s why we like it…
- Extremely flexible and allows you to do a number of different cuts
- Does not take a lot of space and it is easy to store after use
- Durable, even though it is made from lightweight materials
- High-speed saw, even faster than an ordinary jigsaw
- Easy to set up out of the box and does not require tools to assemble
- This products operates very smoothly and is not that loud
- Very affordable
What We Don’t Like
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is a must-have piece for anyone who loves to DIY.
However, like any other product, it is not perfect. There are still a few things that this portable tabletop saw could definitely improve upon, like…
- Despite the Bladerunner X2’s portability, you still have to bolt it to your workbench or table so that it doesn’t move when you are using it
- The saw blades that come with this tabletop saw are not the best quality
- The design of the miter gauge is not really suited for a portable tabletop saw
- Not ideal for big cuts/big projects, as the blade tends to overheat
- The instructions only come with pictures and not words, which some people might find a bit harder to understand
Rockwell Bladerunner X2 Projects
The Rockwell Bladerunner X2 is perfect for those who love to do home improvement and projects.
However, uses for the Bladerunner X2 are not strictly limited to woodwork. Here are some other great Bladerunner X2 project ideas!
1) Cutting Ceramic Tile for a Kitchen Remodel
One of my guys had a great experience using it to cut ceramic tile when he and his wife were re-doing the kitchen of their condo a few years ago.
He followed the advice on Rockwell’s website and equipped a carbide grip jigsaw blade for the job.
This proved very effective, cutting through the ceramic tile with surprising ease and efficiency.
Anytime you can handle a job like that without using a wet tile saw and risk getting water everywhere is a complete win, in my book.
His one complaint was the amount of what he felt was unnecessary noise and vibration.
But at the end of the day, he feels it was a reasonable price to pay for how well the final results turned out.
2) Cutting PVC Pipe for a Fishing Rod Holder
Five years ago, a neighbor of mine (on a bet that he and I made after one too many Old Milwaukees) actually built a fishing rod holder out of PVC pipe using the Bladerunner X2.
PVC is generally a much easier material to cut through than metal or plexiglass…the only real major issue, as most seasoned DIY’ers can attest to, is the potential chips in PVC that come from using a dull blade or a large-tooth blade.
This causes an uneven cut resulting from increased vibration.
But my neighbor was able to make the cleanest cuts you could ask for with the Bladerunner X2.
The fishing rod holder was a beauty. And the last time I checked with him, that fishing rod holder still suits his beloved retirement hobby today!
Rockwell Bladerunner X2 Alternatives
If the project you’re looking to complete requires very thick planks of wood or extremely hard pieces of metal, as well as a great deal of precision and accuracy, you might want to bite the bullet and opt for purchasing a full table saw instead.
An excellent choice for this is the Bosch 4100XC-10 Tablesaw.
This saw is much more powerful and will allow you to do intricate and precise work on pretty much any type of material.
Although it is a table saw, it is still portable…it comes with wheels for easy transportation!
If you have the budget and space, then the Bosch 4100XC-10 is a great alternative for you.
How do you use a Rockwell Bladerunner X2?
- Setup: Place the BladeRunner X2 on a stable surface. Ensure the power cord is unplugged during setup.
- Blade Installation: Open the blade guard and insert the appropriate blade for your material. The BladeRunner X2 can cut wood, metal, tile, and more, so choose the blade that matches your project needs.
- Adjustments: Adjust the miter gauge if you’re making angled cuts. Set the rip fence if you’re making rip cuts.
- Safety: Always wear safety glasses and hearing protection. Keep your hands away from the blade, and use push sticks or push blocks for small pieces.
- Powering On: Plug in the saw and turn it on using the power switch.
- Making the Cut: Slowly feed your material into the blade, following your marked line. Let the blade do the work; don’t force the material.
- Powering Off: Once your cut is complete, release the power switch to turn off the saw.
- Cleanup: Unplug the saw, clean up any debris, and store it safely.
Wrapping it Up
The pure happiness that comes from a job well done can’t be replicated. It just can’t.
I prefer the satisfaction of building something with my own two hands over purchasing store furniture any day of the week.
If you don’t have the right tools, however, you’re going to be dead in the water. And while the Bladerunner X2 is not without its flaws, it is still a fantastic all-around power saw any hobbyist or DIY-er should have in their workshop.
If you are looking for a portable tabletop saw that does not take up a lot of space and doesn’t wallop your wallet, I think you’ll find that the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw is the perfect choice for you.