It’s no secret that DEWALT makes great power tools. I not only have their saws but their cordless drills and impact drivers as well.
They really nailed it with the DWE7491RS table saw and made yet another quality product.
Let’s break down the features of this table saw and what you need to know about it before buying!
DEWALT DWE 7491RS Features
- Your purchase includes one Dewalt table saw, 10inch 24-tooth carbide blade, rolling stand, push stick, miter gauge, rip fence, 2x blade wrenches, blade guard assembly manual
- Other Specs: Max rip to left of blade – 22inch | Max rip to right of blade – 32-1/2inch | Max width of Dado – 13/16inch | Arbor size – 5/8inch | Amps – 15 | Depth of cut at 45inch – 2-1/4inch | Depth of cut at 90° – 3-1/8inch | No Load Speed: 4800 RPM
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability
- Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System Make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Features a 15.0A high torque motor with the power to cut pressure treated lumber and hardwoods
This saw comes in at 26 x 22 inches making it a good size for most jobs. The powerful 15 amp motor, built with quality parts, can slice through wood like butter.
If cutting at a 90-degree angle, the DWE 7491RS can cut 3-1/8 inches. If at a 45-degree angle, it can make cuts at 2-1/4 inches.
Are you a contractor on the move? If so, you will like that the DWE7491RS can be transported around with the rolling stand.
It only weighs 110 pounds, too, so it can be rolled quite easily from different parts of the job site.
Then when finished, it can be picked up and chucked in the back of the pickup.
One highlight of this table saw is the quality rack and pinion fence. We all know it’s dangerous to have a crappy pinion fence.
You don’t have to worry about that with this saw as it has to have the sturdiest one on the market.
It can even be locked and unlocked with just one hand to make any necessary adjustments!
Regarding safety, the DWE7491RS has a remarkable power loss reset feature. For example, someone kicks out the extension cord on the job site, or there’s a power outage.
The saw will shut off automatically and not come back on when the power comes back.
To turn the DWE7491RS back on, you have to press the green “on” button that is covered by a safety flip cover.
The cover is a great addition if kids are anywhere nearby.
Ripping large boards on this unit is like nothing else. The DWE7491RS has a 32- 1/2 inch rip capacity!
That should be good for some pretty big jobs, and you can rest easy because this saw has a rail extension to stop the board from breaking or tipping over the saw, which would be a disaster.
Another noteworthy feature of the DWE7491RS is the cross-cutting capability. It can easily handle cross-cutting 1X material used for dados, rabbets, mortise, and tenons.
Dust is another common problem that we all hate when doing some woodworking. The DWE7491RS features a 2- 1/2 inch dust port at the back and another 1- 1/2 inch port on top of the blade.
This is great for giving the lungs a break, as they tend to take a beating in this line of work.
What We Like
- Highly portable
- Large rip capacity
- Great auto-shutoff safety feature
- Solid dust port
What We Don’t Like
- The price is a little on the high side
- The dust collector bag is smaller than most
- The saw is designed to be portable, but might be too heavy for some users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you buy the DEWALT DWE7491RS without the stand?
The DEWALT DWE7491RS table saw can be purchased without the stand, making it even more versatile. While the stand is not required for use, it does provide a convenient way to store and transport the saw. As a result, whether or not to purchase the stand is ultimately a matter of personal preference.
Can the DWE7491RS use a dado stack?
Yes, the DWE7491RS can accommodate a dado stack for making wide cuts. The DEWALT DWE7402DI Dado Throatplate is compatible with the DWE7490 and DWE7491 table saw versions.
Wrapping it Up
The bottom line here is that DEWALT makes quality table saws, and the DWE7491RS is no different. It’s built to last and has everything a handyman or contractor can ask for.
I would definitely recommend it.