We’ve all been there. You climb into bed after a long day, ready for a good night’s sleep, only to feel that unmistakable itching sensation. Bed bugs.
These little bloodsuckers can cause a whole lot of frustration and stress, not to mention disrupted sleep and, in some cases, allergic reactions.
One product that caught my attention recently was the Trapper Max Glue Traps, because we used them (in conjunction with the EcoPest bedbug interceptors and the DR-122 bedbug heater) to help our friends through a particularly nasty bedbug invasion.
In this article, I’ll share my experience with these glue traps and evaluate their effectiveness in controlling bed bug infestations!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links based on our recommendations & personal experiences.
- Great non-toxic way of catching rodents and insects.
- The glue covered surface measures 4.5″X 6.5″ (The whole trap is 5.25″X 7.75″)
- Can be used as flat or folded and placed where rodent or other target pests activities have been observed.
- Includes 12 peanut butter scented glue boards
- Boards are scented
These traps excel in many aspects, but the Trapper Max Glue Traps stand out for their use of non-toxic materials.
This makes them safe to use around your family and pets, alleviating any worries about risks from other pest control methods.
With these traps, you can effectively address your pest problem while keeping your loved ones safe and sound.
What We Liked
- VERY Effective: The strong adhesive surface of the Trapper Max Glue Traps efficiently captures bed bugs (as well as almost every other bug and dust particle known to man), ensuring they cannot escape and continue to wreak havoc in your home. The glue traps were highly effective in capturing bed bugs during my test.
- Easy to use: Using the Trapper Max Glue Traps is very easy. Just peel off the protective layer and put the traps where you think (or know) there are bed bugs. No extra tools or equipment are necessary, making it a solution that anyone can use for a bed bug problem.
- Versatile: The Trapper Max Glue Traps work anywhere bed bugs hide. Simply place them under beds, sofas, or any furniture where bed bugs may be lurking. This versatility allows you to target the problem areas and effectively control their population.
- Long-lasting: The Trapper Max Glue Traps are built to last, keeping their effectiveness over time. The strong adhesive surface captures bed bugs efficiently, offering a long-lasting solution to your bed bug problem.
What We Didn’t Like
- Limited coverage: While the Trapper Max Glue Traps work well in their immediate area, they may not reach bed bugs located elsewhere. To fully eliminate the infestation, using other pest control methods in conjunction with glue traps may be necessary.
- Visual appearance: The Trapper Max Glue Traps may not look nice in your living spaces, and seeing trapped bed bugs can be unsettling. But the benefits of knowing your bed bug problem is being tackled outweigh this minor inconvenience.
While testing the Trapper Max Glue Traps, I found them easy to use and highly effective.
I placed the traps in areas with bed bug activity and was pleased to see them quickly filling up with trapped bed bugs.
The Trapper Max Glue Traps significantly reduced the bed bug population in my friends’ home. Throughout the 4-day long ordeal, the number of bed bugs captured by the traps steadily increased while the frequency of bed bug bites and sightings decreased.
I noticed the importance of regularly checking and changing the glue traps during my testing.
As they fill up with trapped bed bugs, space on the trap becomes limited. Monitoring and changing out the traps is crucial to ensure they work at their best.
Comparison and Value for Money
Trapper Max Glue Traps provide a cost-effective and non-intrusive solution compared to other pest control methods like chemicals or heat treatments.
You can use them without professional help or special equipment, and they are safe for any living space due to their non-toxic nature.
The Trapper Max Glue Traps provide excellent value for money. Each pack includes 12 long-lasting glue boards, ensuring prolonged bed bug control without frequent repurchasing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where do you put glue traps for bed bugs?
Glue traps for bed bugs should be placed where bed bug activity is suspected or confirmed.
Are bugs attracted to glue traps?
Bugs can be attracted to glue traps as they may mistake them for a potential food source or a suitable surface to crawl on. If you want to draw more bugs in, I’ve had good luck sprinkling a few drops of apple cider vinegar on the glue traps.
How do you get bugs off a glue trap?
The Trapper Max Glue Traps are disposable, so I recommend replacing your glue trap with a fresh one rather than going through the effort to remove bugs from an existing one.
The Trapper Max Glue Traps offer an effective, user-friendly, and budget-friendly solution for bed bug control.
While they have some limitations in coverage and appearance, their performance and value make them a worthwhile investment for anyone dealing with bed bugs.
Say goodbye to sleepless nights and itchy bites!
Just don’t accidentally step on them or get them stuck to any part of your body. The adhesive is STRONG.
Never mind how I know that, just trust me.
Hope this helps!