Do-it-yourselfers, those working from home workshops, and small business owners will appreciate the many features of the Festool Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw!
Features such as the rail forward design allow for precision cuts. The saw easily aligns cuts from left or right with its dual lasers, which define the material that will be removed with each cut.
Woodworkers will note the micro-adjustable bevel angle and the large bevel scale with fine pointers that allow for ease of setting the bevel angles.
Miter saw users are always interested in dust extraction, and this saw has up to 91% dust extraction because of the behind-the-cut dust hood and pivoting 36mm hose.
Festool Kapex KS 120 Features & Specs
- Include a 3-year wear-and-tear warranty, 2-day standard repair time, and 1-month satisfaction guarantee.
- The KAPEX features a rail forward design which increases precision and creates a compact footprint while preventing head play for accurate cuts.
- Easily align cuts from the left or right side using the dual lasers. The lasers clearly define the material which will be removed during the cut.
- Micro-adjustable bevel angle with up-front rotary knob. Large bevel scale and fine pointers make it easy to set precise bevel angles.
- Dust extraction up to 91% with behind the cut dust hood and pivoting 36 mm hose.
- Compact rail-forward design
- Non-slip material clamp
- Accurate alignment from both sides with dual-laser design
- Unique cutting positions
- Quick and safe FastFix blade changes
- Safer and cleaner worksites with integrated dust extraction
- The direct-drive motor and MMC electronics for reliability
- Precise miter and bevel scales, as well as locks, ensure accuracy
- Portability – easy transport with the lightweight magnesium-alloy base
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-year limited warranty
- Ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
What We Like
The dust collection is as good as it claimed. The two lasers are exactly how Kapex describes them and can show you where to cut lines on both sides.
Very valuable, especially when you have to make a non-standard angle cut. If you do have to move the miter saw, this one is lightweight, so the task will not be that difficult to accomplish.
The saw cuts true and square with no flex that can be experienced with other saws.
This Kapex miter saw is very accurate, which is probably the best feature anyone working with a sliding compound miter saw can ask for in this type of woodworking tool.
The accuracy is dead-on.
What We Don’t Like
The stock blade could be of better quality. The soft start takes a little getting used to, but there are no complaints once you are comfortable with it.
The price is approximately twice as much as some other miter saw brands in the same class, but when you consider the accuracy of the cut, those who purchase by feature and not by price will not see this as a negative.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is Festool made?
Festool is a German company that makes power tools, hand tools, and accessories for the construction and woodworking industries. All of Festool’s products are made in Germany, and the company has manufacturing facilities in both Germany and Austria. In addition to its manufacturing plants, Festool also sources some of its components from suppliers in other countries. For example, the batteries for its cordless power tools are made in China. However, all of Festool’s products are designed and engineered in Germany, and the company prides itself on its commitment to quality and craftsmanship.
Is Festool owned by Bosch?
No, Festool is not owned by Bosch. Festool is a private company currently owned by the family of Gottlieb Stoll, one of the company’s original co-founders.
How do you change a Festool Kapex blade?
Changing the blade on a Kapex Festool is a relatively simple process. First, ensure the saw is unplugged. Next, use the included Allen wrench to loosen the blade clamping screw. Once the screw is loose, you can remove the old blade and insert the new one. Finally, tighten the clamping screw until it is snug.
What is the difference between Kapex 88 and 120?
The KS 88 boasts an 8-1/2 inch (216 mm) blade, making it more compact and lighter, ideal for smaller projects, and enhanced portability. On the other hand, the KS 120 comes with a larger 10-1/4 inch (260 mm) blade, offering a greater cutting capacity suitable for bigger workpieces and professional use. This increased size and versatility make the KS 120 generally pricier than the KS 88. In essence, if you’re looking for portability and are handling smaller tasks, the KS 88 is your go-to. However, for larger projects requiring more versatility, the KS 120 is the better choice.
What is the cut capacity of the Kapex 120?
The Festool Kapex KS 120 can handle up to 12-1/2 inches (317 mm) in width and 3-1/2 inches (89 mm) in height when cutting across the grain (90°). For miter cuts at a 45° angle, it can accommodate materials up to 8-15/16 inches (227 mm) in width.
The Festool Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw is recommended for anyone serious about owning an accurate miter saw that would cut right the first time and collect dust the way the manufacturer states that it will do for you.